Sunday, April 22, 2012

4-20-12 Fri

4-20-2012 Fri 6:15 PM – 8:15 PM Weather: (0653) E5, clear, 32˚, 30.33 rising Water: 5.83 rising, 45.4 kcfs, 49 ˚ Location: Onalaska, WI Pool 7 Caught: Pike (5) 15 – 18”, LMB (2) 10 & 16 “, SMB 12”, Crappie 13” Partners: None Comments: My plan and goal was to find and catch some small mouth bass tonight. I did find one small mouth, but I did not stick with it too long. Those dog gone pike and bass are just too appealing to me. I was out close to the main channel and this was my first time out there this year. I have one quiet dead end channel that usually holds a good number of pike and small mouths this time of year and I just could not keep myself from fishing it. This area did hold a good number of small pike and a couple of large mouths. My highlight of the night was catching the thirteen inch crappie on a spinner bait. I do think this area was loaded with pan fish and I will definitely check it out again soon. Observations:
I am starting to see some emergent vegetation in the stump fields. The lilacs and the apple tree blooms are starting to wane.

No comments:

Post a Comment