Wednesday, September 30, 2015

9-27-15 Sunday

9-27-15 Sunday 4:30 – 10:30 pm, myself, cat fishing
Weather: (2053) S 10, clear, 71°, 29.93→, blood moon
H2O: 5’→, 20 kcfs, clear, 72°, floating weeds
Caught: bait (bluegills), 1-17” LMB, 2-17 lb flat heads
I had not been fishing in quite some time, so I was due. I decided I would do a little flat head fishing on account of the number of days for the fish to remain active was limited because fall and cooler water temperatures would soon be upon us.
I was planning on the bait catching to be relatively easy, but as usual it was not. I caught plenty of bluegills, but the vast majority of them were too small to use for bait. I was fishing the dredge holes on the lake and so were many other people and I think most were having the same type of success I was having.
I was able to do a little bass and pike fishing after catching an ample supply of bluegills. I did manage to catch a respectable LMB on a frog, and I also lost a little pike on a spinner bait.
I had plenty of bites from the flat heads but I only boated the two. It seemed as if the fish were already in a snag when they bit or they immediately swam to a snag. It was a pretty rough night on hooks, I lost somewhere between four and six of my good circle hooks to the underwater world.
I did get to experience one rarity of the natural world, a super lunar eclipse. It was really quite strange. One moment it was quite bright out on account of the full moon and about twenty minutes later the moon was shadowed by the earth and was still visible, but much darker and reddish in color. It also seemed as if everything became quite still and quiet, it was very eerie!




No comments:

Post a Comment