Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 19, 2016 Sun

June 19, 2016 Sun 4PM-920PM-bass fishing by myself
Where: Mississippi R. pool 7
Weather: (1753) S13, clear, 90°
H2O: 7.57↓, 61 kcfs, main channel and sloughs dirty,79°
Caught: 8 LMB 13-16”, 1 pike 25”

Observations: The water lilies are now blooming and the dragonflies and damselflies are numerous and darting here and there.

Fishing was very tough at the beginning of the outing. I caught one bass in the old river channel area on a frog and that was the extent of it.
After being frustrated for three hours I decided I needed to find some clean water if I was to have any consistent action. I headed up towards the Black River delta called Hammond Chute. The water up there was clear from the Black, but it was fast and held no fish. About the last hour of the night I found a good concentration of bass close to Hammond Chute. I caught them on both a frog and a jig. Once again the pitching technique shined!

No comments:

Post a Comment