Monday, July 11, 2016

July 10, 2016 Sun

July 10, 2016 Sun 5PM-910PM-bass fishing by myself
Where: Mississippi R. pool 7
Weather: (1753) S10, 79 °, sunny
H2O: 5.76↓, 36 kcfs, clear, 78°
Caught: 3 pike 20-22”, 7 LMB 12-17”

Observations: The wild rice has really spread out onto the lake this year. The upper end now has some beds that area quite extensive.

I started the night out on the upper end of the lake and the Somners Chute area. I spent two hours searching and it was a wasted two hours.
I then headed up towards Trempealeau and found them once again in my secret little spot. If the water drops anymore I will no longer be able to get to this spot in my big rig. I had great action once again on a rubber frog. If I missed a bass and I was unable to coax it into hitting the frog again all I had to do was pitch a jig to the spot and wham, fish on!




No comments:

Post a Comment