Monday, November 16, 2015

11-1-15 Sunday

11-1-15 Sunday 1 – 8 pm, myself, walleye fishing and squirrel hunting
Weather: calm, sunny, 60°
H2O: 5.1’→, 20 kcfs, clear, 49°
Location: Mississippi R. pool 7 near Trempealeau
Caught: approximately 30 sauger (kept 6), 4 walleyes, and 4 small mouths
Bagged: nothing

I started out fishing for small mouths, but it was not nearly as good as it had been one week earlier. I then switched it up and went for the little tree dwelling rats. That also was not productive, seems they had gotten smarter than they were the last time I stalked them.
I finished off the night fishing for walleyes and saugers. I did not catch many walleyes but the aggressiveness and the number of sauger I caught more than made up for the lack of walleye bites I had. The saugers were very aggressive and all came on soft plastic baits.

No comments:

Post a Comment