Monday, November 16, 2015

10-31-15 Sat.

10-31-15 Sat. 9AM-4: 30PM squirrel hunting
Weather: rainy, calm, 55°
Location: Ft. Mc Coy, Wisconsin
Bagged: two gray squirrels

It was a very rainy and dreary day and my main focus was getting Zeta my beagle on some deer. I wanted to get some opportunities to smell and chase deer so hopefully I would have a chance to break this bad behavior.
I was able to find several deer for her. The first few deer she did not see, but when I put her on the track she showed no interest in their scent. However at the end of the day I was able to set her up with two deer out feeding in a field. She saw the deer and when they ran she gave chase, it was a perfect training situation. I was able to shock her as she gave chase and it definitely had an impact on her! I can only hope that she will now leave the deer alone.
The squirrel hunting was not that great, but I did manage to bag two.

No comments:

Post a Comment