Tuesday, October 27, 2015

10-25-15 Sunday

10-25-15 Sunday 12 – 8 pm, myself bass and walleye fishing and squirrel hunting
Weather: (1353) calm, partly cloudy, 59°
H2O: 5.1’→, 20 kcfs, clear, 54°
Location: Mississippi R. pool 7 near Trempealeau
Caught: 20+ small mouth 12-17” (kept 3), 2 sauger (kept) 13”
Bagged: One fox and one gray squirrel

Today I had a pretty fun and adventurous outside day. I started out fishing rocks and wing dams for small mouth bass and walleyes. The small mouth were quite cooperative, although the bites were subtle. On the other hand the walleyes were almost non existent.
After fishing for a solid four hours I switched it up a bit and chased squirrels. I saw a fair amount and bagged two.
At dark I continued on with my quest to catch walleyes or saugers. I had started the day off with plans of keeping my limit, so I had my work cut out for me. The first spot I fished I got two in about five minutes. A jointed shad rap fooled both these saugers. I continued fishing using a lead head jig fishing vertically and never caught another fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment