Saturday, October 24, 2015

10-22-15 Thursday

10-22-15 Thursday 5 – 9 pm, myself flat head fishing
Weather: (1753) N 3, clear, 57°
H2O: 4.62’→, 12 kcfs, clear, 54°
Location: Mississippi R. pool 7 main side channel
Caught: Bait: approx. 10 perch 8-11”

This was going to be my absolute last time flat head fishing for the season. It has been a very warm fall but the cool down in on its way. Once the water temperature falls into the lower 50’s the flat head bite is over for me anyhow.
Bait catching was very easy; unfortunately it was all perch and only one dink bluegill. For flat heads I tried two spots in close proximity to one another and had no action until the end of the night at the last spot. Just as I dumped the bait out to leave I got a hit. The last fish of the season outsmarted me and got my bait without becoming hooked!
Tonight and the previous night out I had a stow- away on board. The stow-away was a mouse that crawled up my leg on the previous outing. On this trip I could hear it rattling in the leaves and it would also make a light buzzing sound. I also could see it now and then in the moonlight as it scurried around the boat. At one point it scurried up onto one of the rod holder and up my pole. Unfortunately for it this was a grave mistake and I was able to knock it into the water and rid the boat of the-stow away. I thought I had solved the problem, but I was wrong. The mouse either had a partner or it was able to swim to one of the anchor ropes and make it back into its floating condo!



No comments:

Post a Comment