Wednesday, October 7, 2015

10-5-15 Monday

10-5-15 Monday 5:30 – 6:45 pm, myself bass and pike fishing
Weather: calm, overcast, 53°
H2O: 5’→, 20 kcfs, clear, 59°, miserable amount of floating weeds
Caught: Nothing
Since Scott and I had fairly good success fishing for bass yesterday I was hoping to continue on that success today. Well I did not happen. The fishing really sucked, the weeds really sucked and my motor really sucked! And to top it off I discovered a new invasive species of plant on the lake. Almost every cast was fouled by floating weeds, which just added fuel to my burning frustration.
The invasive I found is known as water lettuce and it has never been documented in La Crosse County. I forwarded a picture and location onto the invasive species coordinator for the Mississippi River. The lakes health this fall looks very poor, it is choked with weeds, rice and algae and it just looks and smells bad! It is in the worst state I have ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment