Wednesday, October 21, 2015

10-20-15 Tuesday

10-20-15 Tuesday, myself flat head fishing 5-10PM
Weather: (1753) warm! SE6, clear, 70°
H20: 5.8 →, 12.7kcfs, clear, 54°

I had thought I was done cat fishing several weeks ago, but the warm summer like weather convinced me to try it again. There is no longer much daylight in the evening after I get home from work to catch bait. Tonight I ran out of daylight catching my bait. I did catch an ample amount of perch, however most of them were of the jumbo variety and quite big for flat head fishing. I really don’t have a problem with big bait, but for this time of year the fish are less active and I think smaller sized bait would be better.
I did have action tonight. I had what I figured to be about four bites. Three of those bites were quite subtle and weak and resulted in missed fish. The best bite of the night resulted in what I thought was a good hook-up. The fish gave me a good fight all the way to the boat. The battle ended just before I was able to see the whiskered critter. The fish must have gotten tired of the tug of war match and slipped off. I don’t think I ever had a hook in it, I am almost positive it was just hanging onto the bait and then decided to let go once I started to raise it off the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment