Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 16, 2016 Tue

August 16, 2016 Tue 7PM-9PM- flat head fishing by myself
Location: Mississippi R. pool 7
Weather: (1953) S8, mostly cloudy, 82 °, 29.97
H2O: 8.53↑ 74 kcfs, 82°, clean, with floating weeds in sloughs
Caught: Bait: bluegills and one crappie

Observations: It was another stormy night. The approaching lightning show actually chased me in; it was quite spectacular! The water on the lake was quite clear, but the back slough I fished had lots of floating weeds fouling my lines. And the boat landing by the livery is a weedy mess, and now my rig also is.

I was able to catch bait tonight, but it was not super easy. Some of the bluegills were very nice sized, but again they did not come easy. I tried a new pan fish bait, the old fashioned Beetle Spin. I got quite a few hits on it but I found it very difficult to hook anything. My flat head-fishing trip was much shorter than I had envisioned. I got rained out after only being set up for thirty minutes. This summer has really sucked weather wise with all the rain and storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment