Sunday, May 6, 2018

5-6-18

5-6-18 Lake Onalaska backwaters with Scott, 5:15-8:30pm
Weather: (1753) clear, N16 G23, 75°, 30.07 rising
H20: 62°, clear, 11.9’ falling, 124,000kcfs
Caught: Me: 20, approx. 15 pike and 4LMB and 1 dogfish
Scott: 18, approx. 11 pike and 7 LMB
Observations: My red bud tree is about to bloom and dandelions are blooming. I did see a few lily pads in the back bays. They have not yet reached to surface but they are trying.

The weather tonight was again great. I did notice the insects are starting to show up, sure doesn’t take life long to start up once winter has passed. The trip tonight was very good! The pike were very aggressive and numerous. The fish we caught were mostly in that 26-28 inch range. The biggest pike was a 32 incher that I had caught last Thursday. How do I know it was the same fish you might ask? Well its head was a different shade of green/olive than a normal fish; it had a yellow tinge to it. Also on top of its back near its head was a round wound from where I had removed a lamprey just a few days prior. I caught all my fish on an inline spinner and spinner bait. Scott caught his on a spinner bait and swim bait.

No comments:

Post a Comment