Tuesday, May 8, 2018

5-8-18

5-8-18 Lake Onalaska backwaters, myself 6pm-715pm
Weather: (1853) S6, clear, 78º, 29.92 falling
H20: ?º, 11.48 falling, clear, 114 kcfs
Caught: 2 , 2 LMB and 1 dog fish
Observations: The pear and plum trees are blooming and the apple trees cannot be too far off. The lily pads in the sheltered bays are now on the surface.

I had told Karen I was going to exercise for thirty minutes ( fish). I hit the exercising a little harder than I had planned, I guess exercising is not so bad! The river is my gym and playground, especially this time of year when the bass and pike are so easy to come by. It is so amazing how quickly things change on the river. Just two days ago I was fishing the same spots with Scott and we had very good action. Tonight I caught some fish, but it was no where near as good as it was then. In fact one of the best spots we had fished and did well at held no fish tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment