Wednesday, May 13, 2009


5-12-2009
Day 24--342 to go
6:00pm-7:30pm

Weather : cloudy 69°, 29.84 mb-steady, SSE 24 mph***gusts probably much greater than this, it was very bad****
Water conditions : 6.0’falling, 42800kcfs, 62°, clear with some areas being muddy from the wind


Fish caught

Largemouth Bass 10.0”, 6:46pm, Swim Jig
Northern 28”, 7:20pm, Terminator spinner bait
Largemouth Bass, 10”, 7:32pm, Swim Jig

Lessons

Weather turned very miserable. I wished I would have had a rain suit and a pair of safety glasses-always be prepared for the unexpected weather.
Tried the boat out in some very rough water and it handled like a champ, nary a drop of water made it to the inside
I was actually a little scared about the conditions, so I donned my life jacket and attached the kill switch to myself.
Why is it for some of us to get a thrill or rush from a potentially risky situation.
I can actually catch a fish on a swim jig.
I had not fished the Mississippi for five days and I missed it immensely.


Area fished

Back sloughs of pool 7.

Observations –
-Apple trees beginning to lose their blossoms.
-Lilacs close to full bloom--I need to get over to Dresbach Dam and catch some stripers.
-Emergent vegitaion starting to appear in stump fields.

Fishing Partners - None

No comments:

Post a Comment