Friday, July 20, 2018

7-17-18 bass fishing

7-17-18 530pm-815pm
Where/What: Mississippi R. pool 8 bass fishing with co-worker Kevin
Weather: (1853) vrbl 5, 81º, clear, 30.08 rising
H20: 81º, clear, 9.68 falling, 87 kcfs
Caught: 1 small LMB

Observations: The water on this pool is very high and fast. There was also an abundance of green slimming moss in certain areas.

I have a company bass tournament on this pool out of Goose Island on Sunday. Kevin is a co worker whom I invited to fish with me in the tournament. Kevin has not fished a lot, so I wanted to get him out on the water before Sunday. I taught him how to use a bait caster, which he was able to use after just a few minutes of instruction. He also fished with a spinning reel which he did have some prior experience with.

The fishing was slow. I had four bites, but only caught one fish. Unfortunately Kevin did not have any action, but he did enjoy the boating and the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment