Tuesday, December 22, 2015

12-20-2015

12-20-2015 130PM-530PM, Scott and myself walleye fishing below the Dresbach dam

Weather: S8, 44°, overcast, 29.74↓

Water: dirty, high, 9.2’ rising, 80kcfs, 34°

Caught: Scott: 2 small saugers, me: 1 small sauger and 2 small walleyes

Generally this is the time of year where I would not be walleye fishing from a boat. Instead I would either be ice fishing or rabbit hunting. Unfortunately with the mild weather pattern we have neither ice for ice fishing nor snow for rabbit hunting. So, I guess by default I went walleye fishing. I cannot remember any winter ever being this mild. When I was a kid I would say I am always ice fishing by Thanksgiving, but here we are just a few days from Christmas and is does not look like there will be fishable ice for at least a week or more!

Today I was more curious than anything to see if I could catch any walleyes. I figured with the high dirty water it would be tough and it was. We tried many areas below the dam with very poor results. I even tried live minnows some of the time with no results. The three fish I caught came off plastics. Generally if a person is able to get out in a boat and walleye fish this time of year the bite is pretty good, but with the high muddy water the bite was almost non existent today.

No comments:

Post a Comment