Sunday, February 21, 2016

Feb 20, 2016 Sat

Feb 20, 2016 Sat. 12PM-5PM, snowshoe hare hunting with Zeta and Roxy
Where: Fairchild, WI
Weather: W16, mostly cloudy, 42°, 8” wet melting snow
Bagged: nothing

I got my one-day of bunny chasing in this weekend. Today I traveled north in search of the white ghosts. The Fairchild area was god to me last year, but this year the hare numbers seem way down.
The first two hours we never found a hare to chase. Finally the girls rattled one out of its lair and the chase was on for the next three hours! That’s a very long time to chase one hare without putting it in your game bag or without the dogs losing the track. Towards the end of the day I captured the dogs and ended the chase. They wanted to continue, but it was time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment