Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 16, 2016 Sat.

April 16, 2016 Sat. 1230-10PM-miscellaneous fishing with Scott
Where: Mississippi R. pool 8, Dresbach Dam and adjacent back waters
Weather: (1553) S13, partly cloudy, 81°, 30.20
H2O: 6.58↓, 53 kcfs, 62 °, clear
Caught: (approx.) me: 5 white bass, 4 pike 22-25”, 2 walleyes 24”
Scott: 4 white bass, 7 pike 20-31”, 1-18.5 SMB, 1-14” LMB

Observations: The water is still in a state of dropping and the water clarity is good. The maple and other early budding trees are starting to “pop” and the insects are out. We observed quite a few fishermen catching bluegills in slack water areas adjacent to the main channel and off the main channel.

It was our typical afternoon of competitive fishing between Scott and myself. Unfortunately I have to say Scott out fished me. I started out strong, but unfortunately for me Scott took the lead and never looked back. We hit the white bass where we caught them yesterday but they were not as numerous today. We targeted pike for several hours and never really got into any numbers. Yesterday I said I was done early season walleye jigging, but we tried it again tonight and had very little success with it.
Today I also did have the opportunity to help out a fellow boater. We came upon two fishermen in a boat that would not start. They asked if I would tow them to the boat landing and I said no problem. When we got there they offered me some money but I refused and said that someday they may need to repay the favor to me. It did take away a little time from our fishing but that’s what other boaters do, they render aid if necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment