Thursday, April 7, 2016

April 6, 2016 Wed

. 630-1115PM-walleye fishing with Scott
Where: Mississippi R. pool 8, Dresbach Dam
Weather: (1753) NW16, light rain, 39°, 29.64↑
H2O: 8.48↓, 73 kcfs, 41 °, discolored
Caught: Me: 58” sturgeon, 5 walleyes 14-27.5”, 1-14” sauger, kept 2 walleyes.
Scott: 6 walleyes 12-21”
Observation: It is still very cold; spring has been put on hold! I did see a few tulips in Lacrosse that were blooming, but they were the exception.

It was a very successful after work fishing trip for us tonight. The weather was brutal (cold and windy) but the fishing was very good. My big walleye of the year came just before dark off of a flooded grass point in about three feet of water. The fish just slammed my Pulsar bait!
One half hour later in the same spot I hooked into the big sturgeon. It was a Forty minutes battle with lots of take by the fish and more give than take by me. Finally the fish tired and we were able to get it into the boat for a couple of quick pictures before releasing her. The last two hours of the night were not nearly as dramatic, but were good. I did notice the last half hour of our trip the intensity of the bite really picked up. Unfortunately it was a work night and I did have to get some sleep. It is always so hard to leave when the fish are biting.






No comments:

Post a Comment