Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 17, 2016 Sun.

April 17, 2016 Sun. 5-8PM-bass and pike fishing by myself
Where: Mississippi R. pool 7 stump fields
Weather: (1853) S6, overcast, 78°, 30.25
H2O: 6.7↓, 53 kcfs, 67 °, clear
Caught: 15 LMB 12-17”, 5 pike 20-24”, 3 dogfish 22-31”

Observations: Spring is finally here and with that said the mosquitoes cannot be too far off. The lily pads have not yet made it to the surface, but they are definitely developing on the river floor. The Rhubarb is beginning to leaf out and the lilacs are forming flower blossoms.

It was a very good evening of fishing! Things started out slow, but for the last hour I had the fish dialed in. It appears the fish are staging to make their move into the far back bays of the lake. Oh, and the dogfish were extremely active; fun fish to catch but not very fun to deal with after they are boat side. I have never had so much action from this prehistoric fish. I bet for the three I caught I probably missed ten. These fish are one mean critter with very powerful jaws, but I think I learned how to handle them tonight. Most of the fish were caught in extremely shallow water that averaged one to one and one half feet in depth.



No comments:

Post a Comment