Tuesday, August 7, 2018

7-29-18 thru 8-4-18 Treeland's Resort


Where/What: Chippewa Foliage, Hayward, WI vacation at Treeland’s Resort
Weather: Sunny and 80º to rainy and 65º
H20: 69-78º, clear on east side but green on west side
Caught: Mostly LMB but a few pike and SMB’s mixed in

Observations: The flowage was down about 1-1 1/2 foot from normal summer pool. There was some aquatic vegetation but no way near what it was during the past years when we first started going there. There was very little mill foil and not much for lily pads either. The winter drawdown has really hammered the vegetation.

Once again the week in Hayward went by very fast. I actually missed a couple of days fishing this year. I started out the week kinda down on account of my daughter Autumn not being there. I mainly fish for bass but I did try a little walleye fishing; caught one 13”. I had planned to crappie fish some, but the reports were not good so I skipped the crappie fishing. I mainly fished for LMB and had a pretty decent time catching them on a frog. In fact I even caught some SMB on the frog.

The bar picture is of some of our friends having a good time in the bar. We did spend a fair number of evenings in the lodge enjoying ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment