Tuesday, August 7, 2018

8-6-18

6pm-1015pm
Where/What: Mississippi R. pool flat head fishing
Weather: (1853) calm, clear, 79º, 29.99 rising
H20: ?º, mostly clear, 6.36 falling, 50 kcfs
Caught: Bait: crappies, bluegills and one rock bass

Observations: The rice is not too healthy looking this year, it is really spotty. The bug hatch was really incredible last night, and of course along with the bugs came plenty of bats.

Tonight it as a flat head date with myself. I have not fished for them in probably two months. Bait catching was easy, but getting the right size was impossible. The bluegills were all magnums! I could not find any under 7.5”. I only had one bite and missed that one. I did try one of my main river spots but the current was too swift and the weeds were too numerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment