Tuesday, August 7, 2018

7-27-18 6 pm-730 pm
Where/What: Mississippi R. pool 7 bass fishing
Weather: (approximate) sunny, 80º, calm
H20: 78º, mostly clear, 10 falling
Caught: Approx. 5 LMB, 1 SMB and 1 pike

Observations: The water is dropping rapidly now. It appears as if the persistent high water of this summer has taken its toll on the emergent aquatic vegetation. It is not looking to healthy and it is not very thick.

I should have been packing for our annual Hayward vacation, but I was instead fishing. I told Karen I was going to go out and catch a bass for our dinner. Besides I needed to have some fishing action before I went to Hayward, because I was not expecting much in there. I did catch my dinner bass in about five minutes. I got into a tight bunch of fish and the action was explosive! All the fish were caught on a frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment