Sunday, June 21, 2015

6-20-15 Sat, 8PM-2:00AM,

6-20-15 Sat, 8PM-2:00AM, Scott and myself
Mississippi R., Pool 7, side channels
H20: 74°, clear, 6.7'↓

Last night I was the ride along cat fishing with Scott. I had gone to a wedding reception and was not able to go get bait, but Scott was going out and I partnered up with him after he caught bait.

The evening started out really slow. The first two spots produced nothing, but the next spot made up for it. Scott was the first to get a bite, and he connected but unfortunately his fish ended up in a snag. I got the next bite and it was a rod cracker.
The fish hit and never stopped running. I set the hook and the darn thing almost pulled me in the water, this was a big powerful fish!
After quite a lengthy battle the big girl was in Scott's grasp. It weighed out at a whopping 40 Lbs. After a couple quick pics it was returned to its domain. We moved to one other spot and Scott caught a small three pounder.

No comments:

Post a Comment