Monday, June 29, 2015

6-27-15 Saturday

6-27-15 Sat 7:15PM – 3:00AM, myself and Scott
Mississippi R. pool 7, 6.5’↓, 40kcfs, 78°
Overcast, 75°, calm
Caught: bait (bluegills and crappies), 4 flat heads 3-14 lbs, channel cat 5 lb
It was a late start to a flathead night of fishing, but both Scott and myself had other engagements to attend to earlier in the evening. It is a very good thing that bluegills are fairly easy to come by.
The fishing was not fantastic tonight. We did fish late into the early morning hours, but I guess a guy cannot complain about five fish in an evening. The bites that we did have were all pretty aggressive, and we only missed one fish. The fish came from side channel areas within very close proximity to woody cover and most of them did have some nesting wounds on their bodies.
We did have a bit of excitement happen while playing one of the fish to the boat. I had lit a citronella bug candle and had placed it between Scott and myself. Well, while playing a fish, Scott knocked over his chair and the arm of it fell into the candle and caught fire. You can imagine my surprise when I turned around and saw more flames than just the flames from the candle. I quickly extinguished the fire by dunking the chair into the river. The only damaged sustained was one wrecked camp chair and Scott’s rain jacket had some melted plastic permanently attached to one of his jacket sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment