Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 20, 2016 Sun

March 20, 2016 Sun. 7-8PM-walleye fishing by myself
Where: Mississippi R. pool 8, Dresbach Dam off the wall
Weather: NW14, clear, 45°
Caught: 1-13” sauger
H2O: 10.11 ↑, 93 kcfs, ? °
Observations: The river is high and the gates are all open. The water at the upper landing is to the bottom of the turnaround curb. The lower landing is still useable. There is not too much sign of spring yet. The rhubarb along with the bleeding hearts are not barely starting to break the ground surface with their new growth.
Tonight I needed to get out a do a little bit of fishing someplace. I decided to keep the boat in the driveway and go the easy route and fish from shore. Well almost from shore. I went and fished off the wall at the Dresbach Dam. I caught one sauger in and hour. I possibly had another bite or two, but I am not totally sure about that. There were probably ten other fishermen fishing off the wall when I got there, and none of them were catching much. It looked like half were fishing for perch and the other half just didn’t know what they were doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment