Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March 9, 2016 Wed.

March 9, 2016 Wed. 6:30PM-930PM Walleye fishing by myself
Where: Mississippi R. pool 7 Dresbach Dam
Weather: W10, 45°
Caught: approx. approximately 12 sauger and 3 walleye, kept 3 walleye and 3 sauger
H2O: 5.98↑, 44.6 kcfs, ? °
I started out fishing the area where the boats lock through. I was targeting areas with little to no current and the current seam next to the bull nose. I caught a couple of sauger and missed a couple of other bites, but the action was pretty slow here.
Next I moved out into the current along the wall from the second bull nose up to the restricted area. The current was quite strong here, but it was still fishable. The action was not red hot, but it was decent. About half the fish I caught here came from casting upstream and the other half came from casting downstream. The bites I did get were not subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment