Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March 22, 2016 Tues.

March 22, 2016 Tues. 630-9PM-walleye fishing with Scott
Where: Mississippi R. pool 8, Dresbach Dam
Weather: NW6, clear, 59°, 29.16↑
H2O: 10.76 ↑, 102 kcfs, 42 °, dingy
Caught: Me: 1-11” sauger, 4 walleyes 12-13”
Observations: The water is very high and dingy and all the gates are up.

I did not expect the fishing to be great tonight and it was not! Two weeks ago I thought we were going to have an early spring, but that has all changed. The weather has turned colder and is probably even a little below average as of late. In fact, as I write this we are experiencing a blizzard and the area is expected to get 7-12” of snow tonight!
The fishing was pretty slow, but I actually had more action than I thought I would have. I did miss quite a few bites and I think that was on account of the water being so dingy and the fish being unable to clearly see the lure. The river was raging along quite fast, but fishing was not to bad if you found a little current break and fished the slack side of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment