Saturday, March 26, 2016

March 25, 2016 Sat.


March 25, 2016 Sat. 130-7PM-walleye fishing by myself
Where: Mississippi R. pool 6, Winona Dam
Weather: (1453) S9, clear, 44°, 30.01→
H2O: 9.89 ↓, 79.7 kcfs, 42.5 °, clear
Caught: 1-15” sauger
Observations: The Gates are still open and water is very high. However, it is clear. The banks and hills are still snow covered from the snowfall the other day.

It was Good Friday and I had the day off, so that meant I was going fishing. Since the water was very high and the gates were open I did not expect much for action. But, as I look at it you never know. Sometimes I have some great fishing action when I least expect it.
If it had not been for the one sauger I caught the day would have been a complete blank. I was able to find some nice eddy spots with reduced current and fishable water, but the fish were either not biting or just were not there. It was a very slow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment