Thursday, June 14, 2018

6-12-2018

6-12-18 615pm-9pm
Where/What: Mississippi River pool 7 bass fishing
Weather: (1853) S3, overcast, 77º 29.84 steady
H20: ?º, 7.24 falling, 62 kfs, dingy to clear
Caught: lots of pike and some nice LMB’s

Observations: The water on this pool is in pretty good shape; it is neither too high nor dirty. The emergent weeds are growing rapidly but they are not yet mature. The rice is still laying on the surface of the water, and it appears to be quite abundant.

I was out fun fishing but I was also concentrating on using and trying various baits and rod/reel combinations. I was basically pre fishing for an upcoming bass tourney I have on Saturday. The tourney is on a different pool, but fish haunts and techniques should be very similar. The fishing was very good tonight, especially the pike fishing. These fish were very aggressive. I lost a good number of baits to these toothy fish, but it was still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment