Thursday, June 28, 2018

6-24-18 Potter's Flowage

6-24-18 11am-830pm
Where/What: Potters Flowage, monroe county. bass/muskie fishing
Weather: calm, sunny most of the day, 82º
H20: ?º, stain typical tannic color, high
Caught: 10 LMB only one of which was legal

Observations: Everything looks pretty normal here for this time of year, except there are areas on the lake which have current which I had never noticed before. There is also a pretty good amount of water going out the outflow tube. And of course there are a gazillion silver dollar size pads almost everywhere.

It was a tough day of fishing here today. The action was pathetic and the size of the fish also was. I think all the small bass I caught were males that were guarding nests. The last hour of daylight I tried a little muskie fishing, but I had no action from that species. On the plus side the scenery is always great. The deer were plentiful and I saw many of them in the water along the shoreline eating aquatic vegetation.

No comments:

Post a Comment