Wednesday, June 20, 2018

6-20-18 bass fishing

6-20-18 550pm-810pm
Where/What: Mississippi River pool 7 bass fishing
Weather: (1853) E6, overcast, 73º 29.83 falling
H20: ?º, 8.51 rising, 73.7 kfs, dirty with lots of floating weeds
Caught: 1 LMB and 1 pike

Observations: The water is rising quickly and it is very muddy with lots of floating weeds present. The emergent aquatic plants are starting to bloom.

It was a solo trip after work tonight. the first hour for me was a bust. I concentrated on the channel area behind the house, but it was very muddy and I had no action what so ever. I almost gave up, but I thought if I found some cleaner water I may have a chance at catching some fish. I did find some better water to the north and with that clear water I did find a small group of fish. I hate to say it but I actually caught both fish on a Ribbit buzzing frog. I also slowed down and did some punching. Once again I had about four good bites using that technique, but I was not able to hook up on any fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment