Saturday, August 15, 2015

8-13-15 Thr

8-13-15 Thr Myself, 630PM – 1030PM
Mississippi R. pool 7, 5.45 ↓, 33kfs, 78°, clear// 83°, NW 7, mostly cloudy
Caught: Bait (bluegills), 8 lb flat head

Tonight was a solo flat head trip. I was feeling bored and I needed to get out fishing. I started out fishing for bait in some new spots. I wanted to find new sources to fish for my bait, and I am always exploring. The bluegill action was not great, but I did manage to catch an ample supply. The one thing I have been noticing about the bluegills is that there seems to be less bluegills than normal and that the average size seems to be smaller.
Tonight I fished in Somners Chute. I tried two locations, and I was not too successful. I did have an ample amount of bites, but the majority of the bites I did have were quite subtle.
The rice has really exploded the last couple weeks; it is really starting to take over the lake. Right now it is in the flowering stage and it is giving off a very grassy type of odor. I had a very hard time navigating from Somners Chute to Black Deer’s Cut because of all the rice, and that was with my Go Devil. At this time there is no way in hell I could navigate that with my big boat with the outboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment