Friday, August 21, 2015

8-16-15 Sun

8-16-15 Sun, Myself 8AM – 23PM
Mississippi R. pool 7, 5.08 ↓, 22kfs, 82°, clear// Hot 92°, S10, clear
Caught: 6 LMB14-18”, 1 – 15” SMB, bluegills and crappies

It was a Sunday morning and I had no plans or obligations, so fishing I was going. Generally I am almost always so excited to go fishing, but with this hot weather my desire to get out and back in the heat was not too great.
As usual thought I was happy I made the commitment and went. The Mississippi rarely disappoints, and today was no exception. When I say rarely disappoint that does not mean that I have to catch fish to be satisfied. In fact just being out on the river and being a part of its awesome beauty is usually sufficient.
However the large mouth bass bite on a plastic frog was pretty close to being great. I also was able to find some new areas for bluegills and crappies. I tried trolling a couple of wing dams, but that was a bust.
The wild rice is now in the pollen stage and it is everywhere this year. The amount of it is just amazing, in fact it is really starting to overtake and eliminate the more traditional aquatic plants of this river basin area.

No comments:

Post a Comment