Tuesday, August 11, 2015

8-9-15 Sun

8-9-15 Sun 8am-12pm myself, 630pm– 1130PM myself and Scott

Mississippi R. pool 7, 5.17↓, 26kcfs, 74°, dirty// 80°, light wind, mostly cloudy

Caught: AM: 7 LMB 14-17”, ///PM: bluegills, 2 flat heads 8 & 15 lb, 1 channel cat 8 lb

I was back on the river again after being away on vacation the past week. Can’t say that I was glad to be back home, because that meant I would be going back to work. But, I was glad to be back for the fishing on the Mississippi river.
In the morning I just targeted large mouth bass. The action was not great, but I did managed to boat seven. All the bass came on frogs in the heavy weeds. Four of the seven fish were caught in one little area, and the other three were caught as loners that were not grouped up with other bass.
In the evening Scott and I went out flat head fishing. I thought by now the bluegills would be relating to the rocks close to the main channel, but I did not really find that to be the case. The majority of our bait (bluegills) came off wood very near the main channel. We fished three spots and caught fish in two of the spots. We did not have any bites until after darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment