Sunday, August 30, 2015

8-24-15 Mon

8-24-15 Mon, Myself 615PM – 8PM
Mississippi R. pool 7, 5.58↑, 36.5 kfs, 66°, dirty// 64°, NW15 G24, overcast (cold)
Caught: 4 pike: 21-27”, 2 LMB: 12–13”

The temperature had taken quite a dip in the last day or two. I really don’t mind though it feels so refreshing. I figured the bass bite would be pretty much non-existent and I was right. I started out throwing a frog, and the only action that came on that was some pretty lazy follows by pike and one humungous dogfish. A swim jig did not do much better.
After about an hour I switched gears and move to a dead end slough with 2-4 feet of water. I tied on an old trusty spinner bait and the pike responded rather aggressively. I did not load up on them, but I did catch enough in a short amount of time to make it fun.
I had my young beagle Zeta with me tonight and she really seems to be starting to enjoy the boat ride and the river. We did have a little incidence with her though. I was casting off the front and heard a rather loud splash. I knew it could only be one thing. She had fallen in! She immediately headed to the emergent aquatic vegetation and started bounding towards shore. Luckily for both her and my sake I was able to call her back to the boat and haul her in. Fortunately for her I was close to being done fishing and she did not have to shiver too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment