Sunday, August 30, 2015

8-26-15 Wed

8-26-15 Wed, Myself and Dan (co-worker) 545PM – 10:15PM
Mississippi R. pool 8, 5.48→, 34.3 kfs, ? °, dirty// 61°, SE6, clear
Caught: Bait: bluegills, rock bass, one crappie and one war mouth

Tonight I was taking Dan from work out flat head fishing. I had taken him and his son Eric earlier in the season and we had limited success. We did manage one flat head about ten pounds and a respectable gar. We did have quite a few bites, but we did not connect on most of them.
On this trip it was just Dan and myself and we were fishing pool eight instead of seven. The last time I was on eight was about a month ago and Rob and myself did rather well. I was hoping for similar results, but that did not happen.
The bluegill fishing was rather difficult. We did catch enough for fishing, but not by much and most of them were pretty big. I really wanted Dan to catch or at least see one 30lb plus fish caught. With that goal in mind I planned on fishing two spots and the two that I chose were two of my most productive spots on this pool.
Well the plan was good, but the fish did not cooperate and the conditions were tough with all the weeds that were fouling our lines. We had one pretty good bite at the first spot and Dan missed it. Dan got a little excited and forgot about the instructions I had given him about sweeping the rod and not jerking it. Oh well, seen it happen many times with circle hooks and it usually happens with experienced fishermen.

No comments:

Post a Comment