Sunday, July 12, 2015

7-10-15, Fri

7-10-15, Fri, 6PM – 1130PM, myself, Dan and Eric Moen
Mississippi R. pool 7, 6.7’ →, 50kcfs, 75°, clear//S 5, clear, 70°
Caught: bait (bluegills, crappies, rock bass and a perch, 6 lb flat head, 28’ gar
Tonight I was taking Dan and his son out flat head fishing. Dan has had quite a lot of fishing experience, but I could tell his son was a little shaky on the fishing. The first chore was catching bait, and it was no slam-dunk. I feel bad when I take people fishing that do not have the fishing skills I do and bait catching is tough. In order to flat head fish we need bait, so that is the number one priority. Unless the gills are easy to come by, I am pretty intense on getting a supply into the live well and I don’t have much time to help an inexperienced angler catch fish.
The flat head fishing was pretty slow. Eric missed one bite early in the night and he caught a decent gar a little while later. Dan caught a 6-8 lb flat, but other than that the action was quite slow. A couple of fish were also missed, but that can probably be contributed to lack luster bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment