Sunday, July 26, 2015

7-24-15 Fri

7-24-15 Fri. Myself, flat head fishing, 7PM – 12AM

Mississippi R. pool 7, 6.0’→, 45kcfs, 78°, clear// 80°, S8, storms in area

Caught: 4 flat heads: 5 – 17lbs//Bait: bluegill

It was a lone flat head trip for me this evening. I wanted to get out and try one of my old time favorite spots that I only know about. That’s how they are kept secret; don’t show any of your fishing buddies.
Well it turns out I never made it to the “secret spot”, I got side tracked at another spot up by Trempealeau and the bite was so good that I never left. The first spot I fished was an action spot. I probably did not get my first bite until about 930 (half hour after dark), but after that the action sign was shining.
I moved to another spot about 1130 and missed one other fish there before the storms chased me off. Have you ever heard the term heat lightning in the summer time? Well that is a folk’s tale. It is lightning all right and caused by the heat and unstable atmosphere, but it is truly real as I found out. When you see flashes in the sky but cannot hear the thunder is from a storm that is quite a ways off. Yes, you can get rained on and still see stars as happened to me on the ride back to the sanctuary of the landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment