Monday, July 6, 2015

7-6-15 Mon

7-6-15 Mon. 645PM – 915PM, N13, hazy, 67°, myself
Mississippi R. pool 7, 6’↑, 75°, clear
Caught: 10 large mouth bass
We had some major storms in the area today, but fortunately our area was spared. I had not really planned on gong fishing tonight, but he rain had stopped and some areas to the north of us had upwards of five inches of rain and I figured the river would probably rise and get dirty. So, I figured even with the drastic drop in temperature the last hour and the strong north wind, I had better get out.
I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I really did not expect much, and I was especially not sure if the top water frog bite would still be strong , but it was. It was a little harder to fish a frog on account of the wind, but in the end I boated a respectable number and size of fish.
One little odd thing that happened tonight was that I could smell something burning. I kept thinking something electrical in the boat was getting hot and burning or melting, but then at times I thought I smelled it in the wind. Well come to find out when I went on line to look at the past weather there was a warning for smoke in the atmosphere. Apparently Canada had some major fires going on and the smoke was blowing in from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment