Monday, July 6, 2015

7-5-15 Sun

, 530PM – 830PM, S 10, 80°, Jake and Cole Tupper and myself
Black River, Hwy 35 Landing, water: clear, 4’ ↓
Caught: Approximately 6 channel cats, 1 carp and 1 sucker
Jake wanted to go cat fishing on the Black River. I do not fish this river very often and it’s very rare for me to be on it during the summer, but I was game to give it a try.
The conditions of the river were quite good, not too low and not too high. We basically set up on the upper side of deep holes (compared to the rest of the river). I fished with night crawlers and Jake fished with stink bait. The stink bait caught most of the fish, my pole baited with crawlers accounted for a sucker, carp and channel cat. Jake and I allowed Cole to catch the majority of the fish and it was quite fun to watch him tussle with the carp.

No comments:

Post a Comment