Monday, July 6, 2015

7-4-15 Sat

7-4-15 Sat. myself, 5PM – 930PM, calm, clear, 77°
Mississippi R. pool 7, 75°, 6.3’ ↓, 45kcfs
Caught: 12 large mouth bass, 2 pike
It was the fourth of July today and I am always depressed on this day. I did enjoy it when Autumn was younger and at home and we would go out boating and to the sand bars with friends, but those times are over. Now I just can’t stand all the people out on the water and all the noise associated with them and the fireworks.
Well I sulked most of the day away with small projects around the house. After I had enough of that I decided to take the goat boat out and do some bass fishing. Good thing I have that boat in the water behind the house, because there is no way I would have put a boat in at the landing today.
Anyway I was very glad I went fishing. The top water action was great. The bass were hanging right on the edge of the weed mats and when the frog would pop off the edge and into the open they would hammer it. At times I would dead stick it a few seconds after it popped off the mat and this would initiate a vicious strike from the more reluctant bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment