Sunday, July 12, 2015

7-7-15, Tue

7-7-15, Tue, 7PM – 1130PM, myself
Mississippi R. pool 7, 6.7’ →, 50kcfs, 74°, clear//S 8, clear, 65°
Caught: bait (bluegills, crappies, rock bass and a perch, 12 lb flat head
I have not been fishing flat heads too much because of the inconsistency of the bite. I don’t think the weather or conditions have anything to do with the lack of bite, but I do think the flat heads are spawning now. Flat heads are pretty tough to get when they are spawning. They build a nest in and around underwater snags and they stay close to the nest until the eggs hatch and the fry leave to strike out on their own. You pretty much have to drop your bait on their heads to catch them.
I fished Sommners slough and Big Cat Alley tonight. I caught my bait in Big Cat, and the one flat head, but Sommners was a bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment